How time flies! Chinese New Year is just a month away! I was in Carrefour the other day and they have already stocked up for Chinese New Year. Hampers, gifts, soft drinks, snacks and raw ingredients, the festivities in the air is enhanced with Chinese New Year songs playing as shoppers browse through the goods. Chinese New Year cookies are already on sale, but of course, nothing beats home made stuffs. Last week when I was home we helped MommyC test drive this recipe. Looks like this will be on our cookies list this year. We used flower cookie cutters, but any shape is fine.
|Monster likes Butter Cookies!|
Recipe for Simple Butter Cookies
500 grams butter
250 grams icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
800 grams all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Baking Temperature: 180C/500F
Baking Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy
- Add in eggs and vanilla essence
- Sift flour with baking powder and fold into mixture
- Shape with cookie cutter and arrange on tray
- Lightly brush with egg yolks
- Bake at 180C/500F for 10-15 minutes
Arrange on greased tin.
Brush with egg yolk wash.