Tuesday, March 17, 2015

A Thai Food Affair in My Elephant, Taipan USJ



Stir fried tang hoon - yamunsen

It has been awhile, in fact, it has been more than a year! A lot has happened in a year. I've moved and settled down in my own place, got hitched and, along with a the day-in-day out job, time passed really fast!

With the hustle and bustle of life thus far, I have been eating out a lot. Here's hoping the dust will settle down and I can go back to do some cooking. For now, let's talk about the Thai food experience My Elephant Thai Restaurant. They have a few branches, but I always visit the USJ branch because it is nearer to me. 

The interior of the restaurant lacks any Thai decorative element, in favor of contemporary design and art, with prominent elephant decorative pieces scattered all over the place. the use of white give a very good contrast to the colourful food that is served here. 

The Thai food served here stays true to the freshness, spiciness and the sour note that proudly represents Thai food. The som tam and yamunsen was well executed, with the right crunch and tang. I particularly like the tom yam - hearty, warm and full of spices, though it can be too overpowering to those who prefer a lighter taste.  




Papaya salad - Som Tam

Fried egg





Sweet and sour mango fish

My Elephant Thai Restaurant
No. 22, Jalan USJ 9/5N,
UEP Subang Jaya,
47620 Subang Jaya,
Selangor, Malaysia.
http://www.myelephant.com.my/

Opening Hours
Monday to Sunday
Lunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Reservations: 03 8081 4661

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for spending some time to let me know who you are, and what you think. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Hope to see you again soon and have a wonderful day. Cheers.